Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Guys, I would love your advice and opinion on my guy dilema....girl's, your help is appreciated too?

People always tell me that when it comes to dating guys the girl shouldn't be the one doing all the work, the guy needs to. A lot of people also tell me that it's a good idea to play slightly hard to get (not extremely to the point that you're toying with them or anything like that, i don't agree with that) so that the guy doesn't think he ';has you'; right off the bat. Normally I would agree with this, for normal circumstances, but my situation is a little different. I have really strict parents: no myspace, no texting, no aim, and i have to give guys my home phone number (and yes they check my cell phone bill). I feel like I don't have the right to do any of the things that i mentioned above and I often find myself feeling like I need to do all the work so that I don't scare the guy off right off the bat. I think part of it is my insecurity that they won't think im worth it (when i initially meet them) enough to deal with my parents rules. I feel like i'm trapped because I'm a really tradional girl and my parents have always told me that the guy is the one that has to earn me. On the other hand I feel like I don't have the right to make the guy do any extra ';earning'; of me because they have enough do deal with with my parents. (i almost always feel like i should be the one doing the extra work)





p.s. I've been through three relationships in the last 2 months that have all reaffirmed my insecurity that i'm not worth it so this isn't just fear from what could happen, it's fear from what has happened.





I could really use some substantial advice and honesty about what you think about this whole thing ( not just feel-good fuzzies to try and make me feel better).Guys, I would love your advice and opinion on my guy dilema....girl's, your help is appreciated too?
hmmm.....i am/was in the same circumstance...think of it this way though.


if you really liked a guy, liked his personality and thought he was a good guy and all that....and his parents were strict...would you deal with it? most likely yes. so yes, wait for a guy to come around that will understand. or wait for ur parents to loosen up a bit....how old are you? my parents didn't get better till i was 17...then i hung out with some guys and they completely ****** me over. so in reality staying away from guys isn't the worst thing to do, because heartbreak is much worse.Guys, I would love your advice and opinion on my guy dilema....girl's, your help is appreciated too?
Talk with your parents about getting a little bit more freedom. These boys are probably overwhelmed. They have to deal with your parents right away, and that's not comforting. They need a chance to get to know you first before your parents get involved.
do what ever you want, who kares?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
Ask your parents if they could maybe lighten up on some of the rules or make a few exceptions. Could you maybe pay for your own texting? Or ask if you could have a limited amount of texting? Tell them about Facebook, it's a pretty secure site where no one can see your info unless you let them, and even then, you control how much info people can see. And if I were you I wouldn't play hard to get, it just confuses guys and it's really not all that much fun. Especially when it makes the guy think that you don't like him.
no its not that you ';arent worth it.'; Relationships end with everyone, especially in highschool, so dont worry about that aspect. When you find a guy that really likes you he wont care if he has to call your home phone. Instead of having technological relationships, why dont you just try hanging with them more in person instead? Playing hard to get for me seems like a waste of time. If you like someone and they like you why not just cut the crap and get to the good parts? Once you graduate and get the chance to live by your own standards it will be so much easier to have an actual meaningful relationship instead of highschool flings..good luck though.

No comments:

Post a Comment